Monday 30 November 2009

Vintage Apothecaries

This evening I have been pouring over Art Nouveau design in the apothecary world. One of my favourite brands is Diptyque, so I have been researching Parisan perfume labels and beautiful glass bottles.

There are so many of you out there who are equally obsessed. It makes me want to make my own homemade products and adorn second hand glass jars with elaborate labels - all written by hand of course! So Diptyque is wonderfully French, Kiehls is fabulously American but what is our British equivalent?




Here is a selection of gorgeous bottles, labels and apothecary shelves....




2 comments:

  1. Kiel's has been bought by L'Oreal ! it is french now !
    Maybe british equivalent is Joe Malone ? only you can confirm my british cherie...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures. Is Neal's Yard British?

    ReplyDelete